Thursday, December 04, 2008

What will you defend in S'pore?

Hopefully, S'poreans can look beyond self-interest in their answers
By Goh Chin Lian - as carried in the Straits Times.

I will defend my right to live in a country where the majority votes to keep one party in power.

I will defend my right to live in a country where the majority votes to keep paying excessive amounts for basic services such as water, electricity and telecom services so that these formerly national services can go on international shopping sprees from which I gain no absolute or relative benefit.

I will defend my right to live in a country where the world's highest paid goverment officials reside and work.

I will defend my right to live in a country where the Unions appear to be subjugated and are bascially toothless paper toilet trained cats.

I will defend my right to choose to subject myself to all of the above until otherwise.

Now will someone please issue me an M16, an automatic grenade launcher and a Steyr with ammo enough to take on the entire Iraqi forces under Saddam's time please? So that I can proudly defend my nation and my home with its built in bomb shelter on the 21st floor.

No comments: